Health & Safety during COVID-19
We are so excited to be able to see our My Gym friends in person again. For the health and safety of all of our members, as well as our teachers, we are asking that everyone please follow the policies below. Together, we can help to make sure that My Gym continues to be a fun and safe environment for children to play.
Rules and Policies for attending activities inside of the gym:
Attend: Please register for classes, playdates, events and STEAM fun days ahead of time. On the day of your chosen class or playdate, show up to the gym no more than 5 minutes ahead of your time slot. We’ll be busy cleaning in between playgroups and giving the previous group time to exit.
GREEN LIGHT! Wait for the “Green light” sign to be posted on the door before entering.
RED LIGHT! Please wait a few more minutes in your car before entering, as we are busy cleaning everything while the previous group is exiting. We are asking that everyone wait in their car to avoid bottlenecks at the door.
- Social Spacing: We are accepting a very limited number of children in the gym at a time. Our low numbers include parents. We ask that only one parent attend. Additionally, you’ll notice that we’re cleaning throughout your time in the gym (but never in your or your child’s personal space).
- Masks: Per the CDC, we are asking adults and children ages five and up to wear masks inside of the gym. Our only exceptions will be forchildren with documented medical conditions that make mask wearing unsafe. Masks are encouraged, but not required for children under five. My Gym teachers will be wearing masks. Masks should cover the mouth and nose. If your mask is below your nose, you will be asked to reposition it. Please help us to stay compliant with this mandate.
- New Waiver: When returning back to the gym we are asking everyone to sign a new waiver from their online account. Part of this waiver asks that you agree to do a self screen prior to coming to playdates. On the day of the class, please self screen you and your child at home. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please email us to cancel.
- Have you or anyone in your family tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your family been exposed to someone who tested positive COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your family been feeling ill and experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions above, please let us know. We do reserve the right to ask anyone showing any signs of illness to reschedule.
- Water: We are asking that all participants bring their own water bottles. We also provide disposable water cups to use at our water filling stations.
- Upon entering the gym we are requiring participants to wash their hands for 20 seconds. In addition, we will do a temperature check of anyone entering the gym. Parents/guardians are asked to complete our brief contact tracing form before children enter the gym floor.
Thank you for your cooperation with each of these policies. Together we can keep My Gym Bel Air a safe a fun place to play!
Other Safety Measures in place:
Aerus Air Scrubbers: My Gym Bel Air is dedicated to providing the safest experience possible. Air scrubbers, which use UV light to "scrub" the air of 99% of surface and airborne contaminants. According to the EPA : "When used along with other best practices recommended by CDC and others, filtration can be part of a plan to protect people indoors" to reduce the risk of COVID-19 and other illnesses. For more information on the Aerus Air Scrubbers you can visit: https://www.airscrubberbyaerus.com/.
Staff: Our staff is dedicated to the health and safety of all our friends at My Gym. All staff members:
- wash their hands upon entering the gym
- wear masks as mandated by the State of Maryland
- self-assess before coming to work
- complete a temperature check to ensure that their temperatures are below 99.9.
- clean "hotpspot" areas throughout class.
- wipe down all mats, equipment, and bathrooms between each class.