Health & Safety during COVID-19
For the health and safety of all of our members, as well as our teachers, we are asking that everyone please follow the policies below. Together, we can help to make sure that My Gym continues to be a fun and safe environment for children to play.
Rules and Policies for attending activities inside of the gym:
Attend: Please register for classes, Practice & Play, events and STEAM Learn and Play Fun Days ahead of time. On the day of your chosen class or playdate, show up to the gym no more than 5 minutes ahead of your time slot. We’ll be busy cleaning in between playgroups and giving the previous group time to exit.
Timing: Please arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to the start of class. This gives the previous group time to exit and allows the teachers time to clean the lobby and high traffic areas in the gym. If you arrive a little earlier, you are welcome to wait in our lobby until the gym floor is clean and ready for you and your child to come in and play!
- Social Spacing: We are accepting a limited number of children in the gym at a time and ask that social spacing guidelines be followed to the best of your ability. Additionally, you’ll notice that we’re cleaning throughout your time in the gym (but never in your or your child’s personal space).
- Masks: Per CDC recommendations, we kindly ask that all unvaccinated persons please wear masks to protect our little ones. We understand that there are a lot of differing opinions on this matter and ask that while you are at My Gym that everyone please adhere to the recommendations set forth by the CDC.
- Self-screen: When coming in to the gym we ask that you complete a self-screen. On the day of the class, please self screen you and your child at home. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, please email us to cancel for that day.
- Have you or anyone in your family tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your family been exposed to someone who tested positive COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone in your family been feeling ill and experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or difficulty breathing?
- If you answered yes to any of these questions above, please let us know.
- Please keep in mind that COVID-19 is not the only contagious illness that is passed around and it is very important to keep children (and adults) that are not feeling well at home until they are feeling better. We do reserve the right to ask anyone showing any signs of illness to reschedule.
- Water: We are asking that all participants bring their own water bottles. We also provide disposable water cups to use at our water filling stations.
- Upon entering the gym we are requiring participants to wash their hands for 20 seconds. In addition, we will do a temperature check of anyone entering the gym. If your child is coughing, sneezing, has a runny nose, or a fever please reschedule for a different day. We have very flexible scheduling options.
Thank you for your cooperation with each of these policies. Together we can keep My Gym Bel Air a safe a fun place to play!
Other Safety Measures in place:
Aerus Air Scrubbers: My Gym Bel Air is dedicated to providing the safest experience possible. Air scrubbers, which use UV light to "scrub" the air of 99% of surface and airborne contaminants. According to the EPA : "When used along with other best practices recommended by CDC and others, filtration can be part of a plan to protect people indoors" to reduce the risk of COVID-19 and other illnesses. For more information on the Aerus Air Scrubbers you can visit: https://www.airscrubberbyaerus.com/.
Staff: Our staff is dedicated to the health and safety of all our friends at My Gym. All staff members:
- are vaccinated for COVID-19
- wash their hands upon entering the gym
- self-assess before coming to work
- complete a temperature check to ensure that their temperatures are below 99.9.
Additionally, staff members:
- clean "hotpspot" areas throughout class.
- wipe down all mats, equipment, and bathrooms between each class.
- disinfect baby toys used during class between classes
- disinfect the ballpit at the end of each shift
We look forward to seeing at My Gym soon! Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions.
Email: email@example.com • call/text: (410) 838-3042