Fall Program Updates & COVID-19 Guidelines
We are super excited to see all of you back here at My Gym Calgary! As we continue to offer our programs, we would like to update families on our new COVID-19 policies and procedures as well as provide information on the programs and classes currently available at our location. Please note that all policies and procedures are subject to change upon updated AHS restrictions, regulations, and guidelines.
With social distancing, occupancy restrictions, and new safety/cleaning policies in place, we are excited to offer multiple IN-GYM options!
- CLASSES: Our fun-filled gym classes are back! Visit our class schedule HERE.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES: YES! We are open for parties and can help make your little one’s birthday super special! There are a few restrictions in place, but we promise that this will still be the best party in town! BOOK HERE.
- PRIVATE PLAYTIME BOOKINGS: Did you know that you can have the gym all to yourselves? Our 1 Hour Private Playtime Sessions give you and your friends the use of the entire gym with fun-filled activities and music of your choice! Please note that our Private Playtime Bookings are limited to 3 families with a maximum of 6 children. Call (587-353-0813) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about our Private Playtime Bookings or to book your session today!
RULES AND POLICIES FOR ATTENDING IN-GYM PROGRAMS:
Thank you for adhering to all of our policies and procedures while we continue to offer programs during the Coronavirus Pandemic. We will be adjusting our policies to stay up to date with Alberta Health Guidelines, so please keep a lookout for any potential changes. Below you can find a list of our current policies and procedures (which are updated regularly) that are in place at My Gym to ensure your family's health and safety while in our facility.
- Before Coming to My Gym:
- Please pre-screen yourself and child/ren at home. Take your temperatures and be sure everyone is free of any signs of illness (including but not limited to runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chills, etc.).
- A Self Assessment Health Form needs to be completed on the day of your class every week prior to each class. Fill Out HERE
- Prepare your child with our new procedures so there are no surprises.
- On the Day of Your Program:
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your program and enter through the front door. Please wait until the GREEN GO SIGN has been posted on the door. Do not enter when the RED STOP SIGN is posted.
- Upon entering, a staff member will take the temperature of all individuals attending the program. All entrants must be below 37.5 celsius to enter.
- Please remember to bring or send your child/ren with a labeled water bottle as the water cups and water fountain are unavailable at this time.
- We ask that older students enter with only a water bottle. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are unable to store bags and other belongings at this time. Parents of younger students may, of course, bring a diaper bag/purse but try to keep to a small number of additional personal belongings.
- Lastly, sanitize your hands and come on in!
- Drop off Programs/Waiting in the Lobby:
- Children in un-parented classes must be dropped off at the front door and parents are not allowed to enter the gym.
- For parented classes, only one parent/guardian may accompany their child to help maintain proper social distancing.
- Social Spacing:
- We have reduced the space in all programs to well below the health department standards.
- Our gym setup will still change every week to keep every class fun and exciting. All setups will also be designed to allow for the most fun while providing space to allow for social distancing.
- During class, X's will be place around the red circle for participants to sit or stand on during Circle Time/Warm-up portions of class to facilitate social distancing.
- We encourage you to allow your child to play freely but gently guide them toward open unused areas of the gym if needed.
- When we aren’t teaching, we’re cleaning! We clean and disinfect all surfaces in the gym every day with "Vital Oxide" a Health Canada approved hospital grade disinfectant. It is mild and safe, leaves no toxic residue or fumes, is fragrance free and is completely biodegradable. Our sanitizing fogging machine cleans and fully disinfects all used equipment, toys, mats, and surfaces between every class and cohort.
- The ball pit has been closed at this time.
- All fabric toys, as well as any other material that cannot be properly sanitized, will also be removed from programming.
- As an extra layer of caution, you may also see us cleaning frequently-touched surfaces during our programs (but never in your or your child/ren’s personal space).
- Anyone entering the gym is required to wash and/or sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the gym. Hand sanitizer is available near the entry/exit to the play area and all members will still have access to our washrooms before, during, and after class.
- Face Coverings:
- My Gym Staff: Will be wearing masks or face shields at all times.
- Adults: Masks are required for parents attending parented classes and during drop off of un-parented classes. Parents are not allowed in the gym during un-parented classes.
- Children: Children are not required to wear masks.
- Signs of Illness:
- Caregivers or children showing signs of any illness (including but not limited to illnesses such as COVID-19, Cold, Flu, etc.) will be ask to come back when they are 100% symptom and illness free. You can complete the absence form HERE.
- Drop-ins and Guest Classes:
- Drop-ins and Guest Classes are available but are limited to small-sized classes in order to maintain proper size limits at this time.
- Children in un-parented classes must be dropped off at the front door and parents are not allowed to enter the gym. However, it is strongly encouraged that parents stay close by in the case that staff require them to come into the gym for any reason.
- For parented Guest and Drop-in Classes, only one parent/guardian may accompany their child to help maintain proper social distancing.
- Makeup Classes:
- Due to Alberta Health's cohort restrictions, makeups are allowed but are only available in specific classes.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for your family. If you have any questions, please let us know! You can reach us by phone, text, or email with thoughts, questions, comments, or concerns!