Safety & Cleaning
Safety and Cleaning at My Gym
We are so excited to be open and bring a fun option to families in our community. We are following all CDC guidelines and best practices to ensure the continued safety of our students, families, and teachers. If you or your little ones show any signs of illness, even if you believe it to be seasonal allergies, it’s best to stay home. Please call or text us immediately with any absences so we may offer a space to another child. We appreciate your consideration, as do all our families.
- Prior to our opening, every piece of equipment & mat in our gym has been cleaned and fully disinfected.
- When we aren’t teaching, we’re cleaning! We clean and disinfect all surfaces in the gym every day. Between classes, we clean any used equipment, toys, mats, and surfaces.
- As an extra layer of caution, you will also see us cleaning frequently-touched surfaces during our programs.
- Anyone entering the gym is required to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and when exiting the gym.
- Hand sanitizer is available near the entry/exit to the play area and will be given to older students between stations as well.
- We will be temporarily closing the ball pit and putting away any “extra equipment.”
Self-Screening at Home
Before you join the fun at My Gym, please ensure the following is true for all members of your household:
- Yes/No: Temperature below 100.4
- Yes/No: No signs of illness, including runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or chills
- Yes/No: No known exposure to anyone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case
It is your responsibility to self-screen. If you answer “no” to any item on the list, please do not come to the gym and let us know you are staying at home. That will also allow us to let another child attend in your spot.
Entering the Gym
We will be limiting the number of people in the gym. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your mini class. Look for the STOP or GO sign on the door. If the STOP sign is displayed, please remain outside or in your car. When we post the GO sign, you may come in, wash your hands, and get ready for an amazing time.
Parent-Participation Classes, Supervision and Social Spacing:
We need your help to ensure social spacing. You are responsible for safety, spotting, and social spacing for you and your child. Our teachers will be providing guidance on spacing throughout your class. All children (parent participation ages) MUST have ONE parent/guardian on the gym floor participating with them. This is an added layer of safety as the staff will not be spotting any children unless it is necessary.
Independent Classes, Supervision and Social Spacing:
Our teachers will meet guardians at the door for drop off. Please prepare your child with a mask and water bottle. We will supervise hand washing and throughout the class. Social distancing will be practiced and the staff will not be spotting children unless it is necessary; it adds another layer of safety.
Other things to know:
• At this time, all adults, including teachers, and children over 3.25 years old are required to wear masks. No bandanas or gaiters please.
• The water fountain is not available.
• We ask that parents try to keep to limit the number of personal belongings brought into the gym; of course, diaper bags and purses are fine.
• Prepare your child with our new procedures so there are no surprises.
• Parent-participation class aged children require one parent/guardian in class.
• Children in independent class age groups will be dropped-off & picked up at our front door; helping to reduce the numbers of people in the facility.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for your family. If you have any questions, please let us know! You can reach us by phone, text, or email with thoughts, concerns, compliments, or questions.