Safety and Cleaning at My Gym
Safety and Cleaning at My Gym
We’re grateful that the state of Virginia is allowing businesses like ours to reopen as long as we adhere to all health and safety regulations. Our plan is to ease into reopening and allow all of our esteemed families time to acclimate and enjoy being out of their homes. We are following all CDC and government advisement to ensure the continued safety of our students, families, and teachers. If you or your little ones show any signs of illness, even if you believe it to be seasonal allergies, it’s best to stay home. We appreciate your consideration, as do all our families.
- Prior to our reopening, every piece of equipment & mat in our gym has been cleaned and fully disinfected.
- When we aren’t teaching, we’re cleaning! We clean and disinfect all surfaces in the gym every day. Between classes, we clean any used equipment, toys, mats, and surfaces.
- As an extra layer of caution, you will also see us cleaning frequently-touched surfaces during our programs.
- Anyone entering the gym is required to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and when exiting the gym.
- Hand sanitizer is available near the entry/exit to the play area and will be available to students between stations as well.
- Our ball pit will remain closed and we will be putting away any “extra equipment.”
Self-Screening at Home
Before you join the fun at My Gym, please ensure the following is true for all members of your household:
- Yes/No: Temperature below 100.4 (CDC guideline)
- Yes/No: No signs of illness, including runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or chills
- Yes/No: No known exposure to anyone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case
It is your responsibility to self-screen. If you answer “no” to any item on the list, please do not come to the gym and let us know you are staying at home. That will also allow us to let another child attend in your spot.
Entering the Gym
We will be limiting the number of people in the gym. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your mini class. Look for the STOP or GO sign on the door. If the STOP sign is displayed, please remain outside. When we post the GO sign, you may come in, wash/sanitize your hands, and get ready for an amazing time. All members will enter through the regular door and exit through our second door in the lobby.
Children younger than 3 1/4 years (Terrific Tots and younger): Parent Supervision and Social Spacing
We need your help to ensure social spacing. You are responsible for safety, spotting, and social spacing for you and your child. Our teachers will be providing guidance on spacing throughout your class. All children under the age of 3 1/4 MUST have ONLY ONE parent on the gym floor participating with them. This is an added layer of safety as the staff will not be spotting any children unless it is necessary for their safety. Our classes will be running at a reduced number per class to ensure compliance with state regulations..
Children older than 3 1/4 years (Mighty Mites and older): Parent Supervision and Social Spacing
At this time, to limit the amount of people in the building and ensure appropriate social spacing, we kindly ask that you wait on an X outside of the gym, and when you see the GO sign, send your little one through the door, and one of us will meet them there. We kindly ask that you remain outside or in your car during the class. At the end, they will exit the gym to meet you outside on one of the X's. Teachers will be leading them through the class activities and skills with no spotting unless required for their safety. The class will be running at a reduced number of kids per class to ensure social spacing with no team challenges or activities that would involve students being close together.
Other things to know:
• At this time, we ask that families follow state regulations for wearing masks. Currently guidelines state that those engaging in exercise do not have to wear a mask.
• The water fountain is not available. Please send older students with a labeled water bottle that will be available to them through the class.
• We ask that older students enter with only a water bottle and a small bag filled with only necessary items. Parents of younger students may, of course, bring a diaper bag/purse but try to keep to a small number of personal belongings.
• Prepare your child with our new procedures so there are no surprises.
• For younger children, please only bring the enrolled child & one parent to help us stay at a safe capacity.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for your family. If you have any questions, please let us know! You can reach us by phone, text, or email with thoughts, concerns, compliments, or questions.
We can't wait to see you back in the gym!