My Gym Sickness Policy
Sniffles? Coughs? Runny noses? We love sharing, just not germs. 😊 If you or your little ones show any signs of illness, it’s best to stay home. Let’s not take any chances. We so appreciate your consideration, as do all our families.
For the avoidance of doubt, the MY GYM Illness Policy is as follows: we have a strict policy that anyone ill, unwell, feeling either ill or unwell or otherwise showing symptoms of illness whatsoever, should stay at home. Furthermore, anyone who has been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or any other virus or who is at high-risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other virus, should stay at home and self-isolate for the government-recommended period as well as self-screen, as per government guidance in place at that time.
You should not leave home if you or someone you live with has any of the following:
- a high temperature;
- a new, continuous cough;
- any of the symptoms set out in the paragraph above;
- been in contact with anyone with any of the symptoms set out in the paragraph above;
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste; or
- any other symptoms similar to or otherwise related to COVID-19;
Let’s Work Together by Following These Guidelines
- Let us know you’re staying home. We have a flexible make-up policy. Schedule make-ups within your online account, by email, or by phone. So easy!
- Please wash your hands when entering the gym as well as before you leave. We also have hand sanitizer near the entry for your convenience.
- At My Gym, we jump at an opportunity to teach! Teach your kids to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds before and after class and regularly throughout the day.
- When kiddos are in the gym, we can all work together to keep toys clean. If you see something get mouthed, slimed, chewed on, or licked, just hand it over to a staff member once the child is finished checking it out. (It happens! And we encourage the children to explore in all different ways at My Gym.) We also want to clean it, stat!
Concerned about Coronavirus?
- We strictly follow all PHE and government advisements regarding any outbreaks or pandemics. Currently, the PHE advises washing your hands regularly and not touching your face as the best preventative measures.
- When we aren’t teaching, we’re cleaning! All surfaces in the gym are cleaned and disinfected every day. Between classes, we spring into action and clean any extensively used areas. All equipment, toys, mats, and surfaces (e.g. counters, cubbies, floors, bathroom facilities) are cleaned before and/or after every shift.
- We use nontoxic, organic cleaning products whenever possible, and we disinfect regularly as well.
- Hand sanitizer and Hand Soap is provided for you
- Every month we undertake a deep clean of the Gym and also a deep clean of the ball pit which involves spraying and wiping each ball individually! We also spray the ball pit with disinfectant twice a day
If you have any questions or ever see a germ we haven’t yet caught, please let us know! You can reach us by phone, text, or email with thoughts, concerns, compliments, or questions. We’re all in this fight against germs together.
My Gym Wallington