COVID Cleaning & Safety Protocol
Self-Screening at Home
Before you join in on the fun at My Gym, please ensure the following is true for all members of your household:
- Yes/No: No signs of illness, including runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, and chills
- Yes/No: No known exposure to anyone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case
It is your responsibility to self-screen. If you answer "no" to any item on the list above, please do not come to the gym and let us know you are staying at home by email or phone.
We will be following all CDC and government advisements to ensure the continued safety of our students, families, and teachers. If you or your little ones show any signs of illness, even if you believe it to be seasonal allergies, it's best to stay home. We appreciate your cooperation, as do all of our families.
Entering the Gym
We will be limiting the number of people in the gym. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled class or playdate. Please look for the STOP and GO signs on the door. If the STOP sign is displayed, please remain outside while practicing social distancing, of course. When the GO sign is posted, we will begin the check-in process:
- Every adult and child's temperature will be taken. As per CDC guidelines, the temperature must be 100.4 or below.
- Every adult and child must wash or sanitize their hands upon arrival.
- All adults, including My Gym teachers, are required to wear a face covering. The CDC strongly recommends children over age 2 wear a face covering and 3 and older is required.
- You will be directed to park your stroller at a designated spot in the lobby to ensure social distancing. You will wait by your stroller until we are ready for you on the gym floor!
- The water fountain will not be available and eating will not be permitted in the lobby. Please bring your own water bottle.
Parent Supervision and Social Spacing
We need your help to ensure social spacing! You are responsible for safety, spotting, and social spacing for you and your child. Our teachers will be providing guidance on spacing throughout your class. All children MUST have ONE adult on the gym floor participating with them, excluding the drop-off classes and camp. This is an added layer of safety as the staff will not be spotting any children unless it is necessary for their safety.
- Every piece of equipment & mats in our gym are cleaned and fully disinfected.
- When we aren't teaching, we're cleaning! We clean and disinfect all surfaces in the gym every day. Between classes, we will use an electrostatic mist sprayer, which will dispense a safe, nontoxic disinfectant that will sanitize the air as well as adhere to surfaces without the need to physically touch them.
- As an extra layer of caution, you will also see us cleaning frequently-touched surfaces throughout your time at the gym.
- The ballpit will remain closed.
- All extra small toys and equipment will be taken off the gym floor.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for your family. If you have any questions, please let us know!