Health Guidelines while Visiting My Gym
At My Gym, we are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for each of our families. The health and well-being of our clients and staff have been, and will continue to be, our highest priority. We are prepared to adapt as necessary and you will notice a few adjustments in your local My Gym. However, it remains our mission to provide the children of each community with fun and engaging activities to stay active and healthy. While we have always maintained stringent cleaning protocols, our teams are diligently cleaning and disinfecting the equipment and surfaces in the gyms with increased frequency, following all CDC advisements. To continue to maintain the highest level of health and cleanliness in our facilities, we also request your assistance and cooperation.
Let’s Work Together by Following These Guidelines
Please pre-screen yourself and child/ren at home. The following must be true for all members of your household:
symptom-free of any illness | temperature below 100.4 | no known exposure to Covid-19
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your household:
- is showing any signs of illness. This includes sniffles, cough, runny nose, or fever. Let us know you’re staying home. We have a flexible make-up policy. Schedule make-ups within your online account, by text, or by phone. So easy!
- have been in a country for which the CDC has issued a Level 2 or Level 3 Travel Health Notice within the past 14 days.
- have traveled internationally within the past 14 days and, during that period, have experienced symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
- have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as noncontagious by state or local public health authorities.
Book your spot for a Playdate, Preschool Prep, Class, or Camp in advance at www.mygym.com/austin
On the Day of your Pre-scheduled Visit, class, Playdate or Preschool Prep, show up to the gym no earlier than 5 minutes ahead of your time slot. We’ll be busy cleaning and giving the previous group time to exit. Outside our door we ask that you stand 6 feet apart. When you enter into the lobby, please sanitize your hands and wait for the green light to enter the gym. Once a family has entered the play floor another family will be welcomed into the gym lobby. The reverse will happen when it is time to leave at the end.
- GREEN LIGHT! Wait for the “Green light” sign on the counter before entering.
- RED LIGHT! Please wait a few more minutes before entering, as we are busy cleaning everything while the previous group is exiting.
While In the Gym:
- Wash your hands and your child's hands throughout the day. Carry your own hand sanitizer or use the dispenser near the entry.
- When kiddos are in the gym, we can all work together to keep toys clean. If you see something get mouthed, slimed, or licked, notify a staff member or put it in the designated bucket/bag so we can clean it before it goes back. (It happens! We also want to clean it, stat!)
- Please practice good hygiene manners: wash hands before/during/after your visit, cover coughs/sneezes, isolate and notify us about soiled equipment, etc.
- Social Spacing: We are accepting a maximum of 14 people (7 children + 7 adults) in the big gym for class and 10 people (5 children + 5 adults) in the small gym for Playdates. We encourage you to allow your child to play freely, but gently redirect them to open areas of the gym if they want to play in the same space as another child. Our staff will encourage this as well.
- You’ll notice that we’re cleaning throughout your time in the gym (but never in your or your child’s personal space).
- Masks: For the time being, adult patrons and children over the age of 10 are required to wear a mask. Children over the age of 3 may/may not wear a mask; this decision will be up to the adult. My Gym teachers will be wearing masks while in the gym and pre-screening before shifts.
- When we aren’t teaching, we are cleaning! All surfaces in the gym are cleaned and disinfected every day. Between classes and playdates, we spring into action and clean any used areas. All equipment, toys, mats, and surfaces (e.g., counters, cubbies, floors, bathroom facilities) are cleaned before and/or after every shift and as needed.
- During this time of heightened risk, the ball pit is temporarily closed as it is too time consuming to fully disinfect 2,001 balls between classes and shifts.
- Any child entering the gym must be preregistered at least 12 hours in advance. We will not be accepting any drop-ins during this time. If you need help scheduling, call (512) 444-6496 or email email@example.com
If you have any questions or ever see a germ we haven’t caught, yet, please let us know! You can reach us by phone, text, or email with thoughts, concerns, compliments, or questions. We’re all in this fight against germs together.
Celestina Cuchia and the My Gym Austin Staff
(512) 444-6496 | firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to be able to play and socialize in these small groups. Thank you for adhering to all policies while we work through this unprecedented time. When appropriate and safe, we will open the gym on a larger scale and resume our fabulous camps, birthday parties, and Parents’ Night Out events!