COVID-19 Safety Protocols for All Programs
Please refer to this article prior to bringing your child to My Gym. If you have any questions please call, email or text the gym. We will be following all CDC, state, and local COVID-19 guidelines that apply to our business. These safety guidelines may change over time, so please review them regularly.
Entering the Gym
- Preregistration is required for all activities. We are only allowing 16 customers (parents & children) in My Gym at one time. Babies in car seats do NOT count.
- Adults must self-screen themselves and their children for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to the gym. Please read the CDC's Symptom's of Coronavirus web page.
- Drop-Off Programs/Independent Classes - Our preference is for adults to drop-off their children so we can keep the number of people in our facility as low as possible. Currently adults are permitted in the gym to watch programs from our lobby area as long as they keep 6 or more feet apart, wear masks, and do not make our total customer count higher than 16 people.
- Gaiters are only permitted as masks if they are folded in a double layer..see https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html)
- Teachers and adults must always wear masks.
- Children under 2 years old should not wear masks.
- Private Play Dates at the gym - For children 2 to 3 years old, mask wearing is parent choice. Children 4 years and older must wear masks.
- Drop-off Programs - Children must wear masks for all drop-off programs.
- Adult Participation Classes - Children 2 years old and older are encouraged to wear masks and to practice mask safety with their adult. It is the adult's choice if their child wears a mask.
- Staff will try to avoid direct contact with children's hands and will limit regular immediate contact with children.
- Staff will frequently wash and sanitize hands.
- Staff will be trained on procedures and policies on how to handle the 6 feet social distancing rule for adults and 3 feet rule for children, as well as encouraging children with masks to keep them on.
- Staff will follow the Massachusetts travel advisements.
- Like our customers, staff is required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before each shift and they will not work if they can not pass the self-screen.
- We will clean and sanitize high-touch surfaces before and after each gym program.
- Hand sanitizer with 60% of greater alcohol content will always be available.
- Our Ball Pit is closed.
- Adult Participation Classes: Only one adult from a family is permitted in the facility per child participating.
- Adult Participation Classes: Siblings of participants are not permitted in the facility, except for infants in car seats, babybjorns, or slings.
- We are using floor tape and moveable spots for waiting, instead of mats.
- We refrain from games and activities that encourage physical contact; however, families enrolling in programs must understand that when children play and interact they will periodically come in close contact with each other. Our goal is to minimize the duration of close contact between children not in the same family.
- We have limited the amount of small, non-porous pieces of equipment.
- All high-touch surfaces will be sanitized.
- No stamps on hands after programs. :(
- We love to chat but we ask you to make your exit short so we can clean and allow our next customers to enter the facility.
- Drop-Off Programs/Independent Classes
- Under most circumstances parents should wait outside the facility. We will dismiss children to you.