Rules and Safety Precautions During Covid-19
We’re grateful that Ontario Public Health Department and The Provincial Government are allowing businesses like ours to reopen. Rest assured we will be meeting and exceeding all health and safety regulations. Our plan is to ease into reopening and allow all of our esteemed members time to acclimate and enjoy being out of their homes.
With social distancing, occupancy restrictions, and new safety/cleaning policies in place, we are excited to offer multiple IN-GYM options!
- CLASSES: Our fun-filled gym classes are back. Visit our schedules page to see updated class schedule.
- PARENTS’ NIGHT OUT: Looking for much deserved break parents and fun night for the kids. Book Here. Our parents night out are back and as fun as ever.
- BIRTHDAY PARTIES: YES! We are open for parties and can help make your little one’s birthday super special! There are a few restrictions in place, but we promise that this will still be the best party in town! Book Here.
Not ready to come out and play yet? No problem. Enjoy our virtual options via Zoom:
- LIVE VIRTUAL CLASSES: Awesome instruction from your amazing My Gym teachers LIVE (not prerecorded) on Wednesday and Fridays.
RULES AND POLICIES FOR ATTENDING IN GYM PROGRAMS:
Thank you for adhering to all policies while we work through this unprecedented time. We will adjust as the Ontario Public Health Department allows. At this moment, here are the current policies if attending the gym in person to keep you and your family healthy.
- Before Coming to My Gym: Please self-screen yourself and child/ren at home. Take your temperatures and be sure everyone is free of any signs of illness.
Self-Screening at Home
Before you join the fun at My Gym, please ensure the following is true for all members of your household:
- Yes/No: Temperature below 100.4 (OPH guideline)
- Yes/No: No signs of illness, including runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or chills
- Yes/No: No known exposure to anyone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case
It is your responsibility to self-screen. If you answer “no” to any item on the list, please do not come to the gym and let us know you are staying at home. That will also allow us to let another child attend in your spot.
- On the Day of Your Program:
- Complete our online Daily Covid Assessment Form
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your prescheduled program and wait until the GREEN GO SIGN has been posted on the door.
- Upon entering, your temperature will be taken by using our touch less thermometer and after please head to the restroom to wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer.
- Lastly, set your belongings down in the lobby and come on in!
- Don't forget to maintain the advised social distance protocol while in the gym for your classes.
- Drop off Programs/Waiting in the Lobby:
- Kids in independent programs must be dropped off. At this time, we are not allowing viewing of independent classes so no parents will be allowed to observe classes in the lobby
- Class Sizes : All class sizes have been reduced to encourage and promote social distancing guidelines. Parent participation classes will now be ( 5 children and one parent per child. Independent and older kids classes will be a maximum 8 children and 2 staff.
- Social Spacing:
- We have reduced the space in all programs to well below the health department standards.
- During class X's will be place around the blue circle for the kids to sit or stand on during Circle Time/Warm-up portions of class.
- We encourage you to allow your child to play freely but gently guide them toward open unused areas of the gym if needed.
- You’ll notice that we’ll be cleaning throughout your time in the gym (but never in your or your child’s personal space).
- The ball pit has been closed and playground balls have been removed from the gym floor. Our setups will be designed to allow for the most fun with maximum spacing.
- My Gym Staff: Will be wearing masks at all times.
- Adults:masks are required for adults following Ottawa Public Health Department.
- Children: Children 2+ are required by the Province to wear a mask therefore we will be requiring masks for children. Exemption of mask is allowed when children are performing physical activities as stated in the Ontario Public Health Guidelines for temporary mask wearing.
- Signs of Illness: Caregivers or children showing signs of any illness in general will be asked to come back when they are 100% symptom free.
- Simply put, drop-ins are not allowed (so we may maintain proper size limits).
- Practice & Play ( now Gym Playdates) must be scheduled in advance by logging into your account and booking a "Play Date." Sorry, No Exceptions.
- Please schedule makeups in advance. Only prescheduled and confirmed makeups will be allowed to come into the gym.
- Unlimited classes will be on hold until we can operate at our normal levels.