Careers at My Gym Long Beach
Kid's Recreational Fitness Coach and Party HostPart/Full Time
Does work have to be...work?
We like to work hard and play harder because we're big kids at heart! Working here is really fun, positive, and chill - brush your hair, pull on some joggers and socks, put on your favorite music, and get to work!
When we say we appreciate our team, we mean it - snacks, drinks, PPE, staff outings, living wages, and tips are all part of the package. Plus a flexible schedule, cake on the weekends, and an easy-going work family who cares about you.
Who are you?
- Someone who is high-energy and loves to play and be silly
- A warm friend. A team player who follows through and always gives their best
- Reliable and communicative. Our kids will bond with you, so someone looking for longer-term employment
- A genuine love for young children – from babies to upper elementary ages
- Ability to work 25+ hours per week, including most (but not all) weekends
- Commitment to train hard and take direction well/easily
- Stage presence – if the idea of performing sounds scary, we might not be the right fit for you
- Willingness to clean (cleaning is a huge part of what we do – it’s how we keep each other and our kids safe & healthy!)
- Effective leadership and motivational skills
- A background in dance, sports, child development, recreation and leisure, kinesiology, theatre, or fitness is a huge plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Pay starts at $14 per hour. Average trained staff member earns $15-$18 per hour.
But wait! There’s more…
- Upward mobility – we promote from within!
- Tips! Our families are very generous and take good care of our party hosts on weekends
- Free food! Who doesn’t love a well-stocked snack pantry and the occasional Starbucks or takeout?
- PPE – masks, “hanitizer” (as our kids call it), EmergenC on demand, and a souped-up HVAC system. We also enforce a zero-tolerance sick policy to ensure everyone stays healthy
- COVID safe environment – full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, plus we keep everything clean and sanitized
- Educational expense stipend – enrolled in school? Great! Let us help you pay for books, your parking pass, lunch budget, etc.
Ethnic, Queer, Belief, Disabled, & All Culture Safe Space
We value everyone from all walks of life. As an inclusive family-owned and operated, local, small business, we invite our entire team to bring their whole, authentic selves to work.
Our mission is to make #MomentsThatMatter – not just for our clients and their children, but for our teachers too! We strive to create a team that is a reflection of the communities we serve.
All ethnicities, genders, beliefs, sexual identities, disabilities, and cultures are welcome and respected for their individual and inimitable contributions to our company.
Think you’re what we’re looking for? Apply below, and, if you really want to stand out from the crowd, also attach a cover letter or link to yourself on video and tell us why you want to be a part of our family.
COVID-19 Masking Note:
- Our members’ health and safety, especially that of our youngest kiddos who are unable to be masked or vaccinated, is our #1 Priority.
- At this time, we will continue our mask and vaccination precautions in lieu of aligning with the new state and county modifications.
- Masks are required for everyone 3-years-old and up and staff members. Full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment (also required for everyone 14-years-old and up)