Health, Safety & Cleanliness at My Gym
Health, Safety & Cleanliness at My Gym
We are so excited to be able to be in our soft reopening and bring a fun option to families in our community. We are following all CDC and government guidelines to ensure the continued safety of our students, families, and teachers. If you or your little ones show any signs of illness, even if you believe it to be seasonal allergies, it’s best to stay home. We appreciate your consideration, as do all our families.
- When we aren’t teaching, we’re cleaning! We clean and disinfect all surfaces in the gym every day. Between classes, we clean any used equipment, toys, mats, and surfaces.
- As an extra layer of caution, you will also see us cleaning frequently-touched surfaces during our programs.
- Anyone entering the gym is required to wash or sanitize their hands upon entering and when exiting the gym.
- Hand sanitizer is available near the entry/exit to the play area and will be given to older students between stations as well.
- We will be temporarily closing the ball pit and putting away any “extra equipment.”
Self-Screening at Home
Before you join the fun at My Gym, please ensure the following is true for all members of your household:
- Yes/No: Temperature below 100.4 (CDC guideline)
- Yes/No: No signs of illness, including runny nose, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or chills
- Yes/No: No known exposure to anyone with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case
It is your responsibility to self-screen. If you answer “no” to any item on the list, please do not come to the gym and let us know you are staying at home. That will also allow us to let another child attend in your spot.
Entering the Gym
We will be limiting the number of people in the gym. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your class. Look for the STOP or GO sign on the door. If the STOP sign is displayed, please remain outside. When we post the GO sign, you may come in, wash your hands, and get ready for an amazing time.
Classes labeled "Parent Participation": Parent Supervision and Social Spacing
We need your help to ensure social spacing. You are responsible for safety, spotting, and social spacing for you and your child. Our teachers will be providing guidance on spacing throughout your class. Parent Participation classes MUST have ONE parent on the gym floor participating with them. This is an added layer of safety as the staff will not be spotting any children unless it is necessary for their safety.
Classes labeled "Drop-Off": Social Spacing
At this time, to limit the amount of people in the building and ensure appropriate social spacing, we kindly ask that you drop your child off at the door when you see the GO sign and remain outside or in your car during the class. These students will enter class and then be escorted through 3-4 designated stations with their group (5 students max) and teacher. They will exit to meet you out the other door when class is finished. Teachers will be leading them through the activities and skills with no spotting unless required for their safety. The class will be appropriate to ensure social spacing with no team challenges or activities that would involve students being close together.
Other things to know:
• At this time, all adults, including teachers, are required to wear masks. Masks for children are suggested but optional.
• The water fountain is not available. Please send students with a labeled water bottle that will follow them through the class.
• We ask that older students enter with only a water bottle, no bags. Parents of younger students may, of course, bring a diaper bag/purse but try to keep to a small number of personal belongings.
• Prepare your child with our new procedures so there are no surprises. Note that older students will not have free explore time during this period, but we promise they will have fun!
• For younger children, please only bring the enrolled child & one parent to help us stay at a safe capacity.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for your family. If you have any questions, please let us know! You can reach us by phone, text, or email with thoughts, concerns, compliments, or questions.